- Goldman Sachs is attempting to persuade lawmakers into exempting credit funds from Volcker regulation.
- Volcker rule limits a firms total investment in hedge and private equity ventures to 3% of capital.
- Credit funds provide loans to companies in need of capital that cannot otherwise achieve terms.
- Wall Street has spent $330 million on lobbying (GS $8.3 million) since Dodd-Frank passed.
- A trend has shifted Wall Street support from Obama to Romney, with donations pouring in support of amiable regulation of the finance industry.
dodd, equity ventures, finance industry, Goldman Sachs, MARKETS, Obama, POLITICS, private equity, romney campaign, volcker, Wall Street